- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 24 hrs marinating
- Effort: easy
- 4 large courgettes, sliced into 1cm thick rounds
- olive oil, to cover
- extra virgin olive oil, to cover
- 10 tbsp white wine vinegar
- fresh mint, chopped
- bird's eye chillies, to taste, chopped
1. Preheat the grill. Grill the courgettes on both sides for around 3 minutes on each side. Set aside to cool.
2. Place the courgettes in a shallow bowl and pour over an even mixture of olive oil and extra-virgin olive oil to cover them totally.
3. Add the vinegar, mint, chilli and salt and mix well. Cover with cling film and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours, turning the courgettes every 2 hours to ensure even marination.
4. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Rate This Recipe