- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes plus at least 1 hr marinating
- Effort: medium
- 2 cloves garlic
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp harissa
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 French-trimmed lamb cutlets
- parsley salad, (below)
For the Stuffed courgette flowers:
- 4 courgette flowers
- 85 g ricotta cheese
- 85 g mozzarella, finely diced
- 40 g parmesan, freshly grated
- 6 basil
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- black pepper
For the Batter:
- 115 g plain flour
- 115 g cornflour
- 1 tsp salt
- 350 ml iced sparkling water
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
For the Parsley salad:
- 1 large red onion, finely sliced
- 2 handfuls of flat leaf parsley
- tbsp baby capers
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
1. Crush the garlic with salt and freshly ground pepper in a pestle and mortar.
2. Place the tomato paste, coriander, cumin, harissa, olive oil and crushed garlic in a bowl and mix together.
3. Place lamb cutlets in a shallow dish and brush with the marinade. Leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour, or overnight if possible.
4. Meanwhile, make the parsley salad. Combine the onion, parsley, capers, lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, mint, sea salt and freshly ground pepper, mixing well.
5. Prepare the courgette flowers by gently rinsing and drying the flowers, using a pastry brush remove any dirt that sometimes get caught in the flowers. With a small, sharp, pointed knife remove the stamen from each of the flowers.
6. Mix together the ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan and basil. Season with nutmeg, salt and freshly ground pepper.
7. Fill each courgette flower with a little of the cheese filling.
8. Preheat a griddle pan. Cook the marinated lamb cutlets on the griddle pan, allowing 3-4 minutes on each side.
9. Prepare the batter for the courgette flowers just before using it. Sift the flour and cornflour into a large mixing bowl and mix in the salt. Pour in the sparkling water and quickly fold together to form a batter, taking care not to over-mix it.
10. Heat the vegetable oil for deep-frying in a wok or deep fat-fryer to 190°C. Add the stuffed courgette flowers and deep-fry until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
11. Serve the freshly-grilled lamb cutlets with the courgette flowers and the parsley salad.
Rate This Recipe