- Serves: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 1 hr chilling
- Effort: medium
- 4 balls buffalo mozzarella, about 100g each, drained
- 200 g crème fraîche
- 23 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, basil, oregano or dill
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 200 g spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 red onions, thinly sliced
1. Slice the mozzarella balls into 4-5 slices each.
2. Whisk together the crème fraiche with 1 tbsp olive oil, garlic and half the chopped herbs. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Toss the sliced mozzarella with the crème fraiche dressing. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar and seasoning. When ready to serve, toss the spinach and red onion in the vinegar dressing, then divide between 4 serving plates. Spoon the dressed cheese on top, season with freshly ground pepper and scatter over the remaining herbs.
Rate This Recipe