- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 24 hrs chilling
- Effort: easy
- 2 beetroot
- 1 red pepper, roasted, peeled and sliced
- 1 green pepper, roasted, peeled and sliced
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 turnip, peeled, blanched and sliced
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- black pepper
- 250 ml white wine vinegar
- 250 ml olive oil
- 3 clove garlic
- small handful of oregano
- pinch of dried red chilli flakes
1. Season the beetroot, red pepper, green pepper, red chilli, green chilli, turnip and spring onions with salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. In a non-reactive saucepan, bring the wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic, oregano and chilli flakes to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Remove the vinegar mixture from direct heat and add in the seasoned beetroot, red and green peppers, red and green chillies, turnip and spring onions.
4. Set aside to cool then chill for at least 24 hours before serving.
Rate This Recipe