- Cook Time: 6 minutes plus one hour to marinate
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g sun-dried tomatoes, in oil
- 100 g pine kernels, toasted
- 20 basil
- 2 tbsp mint, finely chopped
- black pepper
- olive oil, for marinade
- 4 salmon steaks, approx 2cm thick
Tips and Suggestions
on Great Food Live Gino served this with Frank Bordoni's Pea shoot, cucumber and melon salad.
1. Using a food processor blend the sun-dried tomato into a puree.
2. Chop up the toasted pine kernels with a knife and add to the puree with basil, mint and black pepper to taste.
3. Stir in enough olive oil for the mixture to reach a creamy consistency.
4. Smooth the mixture over the salmon and leave for 1 hour at room temperature.
5. Cook on a grill or barbecue for approximately 3 minutes on each side until cooked through.
Rate This Recipe