- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 1 hr to overnight marinating
- Effort: easy
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar, or Mirin
- juice of 1 lemons
- 1 1/2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 fresh lime leaves, (optional), very finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 3 cm ginger, peeled and grated
- black pepper
- 500 g chicken, shredded cooked
- 3 tbsp soured cream
- handful of mangetout, blanched
- 1 romaine or small cos lettuce, leaves torn into large shreds
- 8 pomodorini or other baby tomatoes, halved
1. In a large bowl whisk together the garlic, rice vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, lime leaves and chilli flakes. Squeeze in the juice from the grated ginger, discarding the spent gratings.
2. Next fold in the shredded cooked chicken and coat thoroughly. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
3. Remove the chicken from the marinade. Beat the sour cream into the leftover marinade juices and season the sour cream dressing with salt and freshly ground pepper
4. Fold the marinated chicken with the mangetout, lettuce and baby tomatoes. Divide the chicken among two serving bowls or plates. Spoon over the sour cream dressing and serve.
Rate This Recipe