- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes plus 30 minutes marinating
- Effort: easy
- 400 g strawberries, quartered
- 50 g caster sugar, plus extra to taste
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 pinches ground white pepper
- clotted cream, to serve
1. Put a quarter of the strawberries into a bowl, sprinkle with sugar, add a dash of lemon juice and mash well, using a fork.
2. Add the remainder of the strawberries, chopped mint, a pinch of ground white pepper and adjust the sweetness to your liking. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge.
3. To serve, divide the strawberries between 4 bowls and spoon some clotted cream into the middle.
Rate This Recipe