- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the fritters
- 1 marrow
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 3 tbsp polenta or semolina
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 300 ml sunflower oil, for frying
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- natural yogurt
- bunches mint
1. Peel the marrow, cut into slices along its length and then cut into small crescent shapes; set aside.
2. Beat the egg in a small bowl, and scatter the flour over a large plate.
3. Mix the polenta with a little seasoning and the chilli. Scatter over another large plate.
4. Heat the oil in a wok or fryer and test the temperature with a piece of bread - if it bubbles and browns within a minute when added to the oil, you can start to cook the fritters.
5. Dip the marrow first into the flour and then into the egg mix. Toss in the polenta to coat. Fry until golden, and remove with a slotted spoon. Place on absorbent kitchen paper to drain off excess oil.
6. Stir the yogurt and mint together and serve with the hot fritters.
Rate This Recipe