- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 sirloin steaks
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 150 ml marsala
- 75 g butter, at room temperature
- 1 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp chives, snipped
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large field mushrooms
- 1 small loaf ciabatta bread
1. Place the steaks in a strong food bag. Add the garlic, rosemary and Marsala, seal the bag and chill for at least a couple of hours or overnight.
2. Meanwhile, place the butter in a bowl and mix in the chilli flakes, chives and plenty of pepper. Spoon onto a square of waxed paper, fold over to form a parcel and chill until firm.
3. When you are ready to cook, preheat the barbecue. Take the steaks out of the bag and discard the marinade. Cook the steaks and the mushrooms (gill side-down) for 2-3 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, unwrap the butter and cut in half. Turn over the steaks and mushrooms and place a piece of the butter in each mushroom.
5. Cut the bread open and then barbecue or toast the cut-side until golden. Once the steaks are cooked, place them on the toast then top with the buttered mushrooms. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe