- Serves: makes 1 cheesecake
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 3 hours chilling
- Effort: easy
For the pie base
- 250 g gingernut biscuits
- 100 g butter, melted
For the dream cake mixture
- 200 g chocolate chips
- 200 g cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 400 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 100 g miniature marshmallows
1. For the pie base: wrap the biscuits in a tea towel or put into a plastic bag and pound into crumbs with a rolling pin.
2. Pour into a bowl and stir in the melted butter with a fork. Tip into the base of a 23cm loose-bottomed tin and press down, covering the bottom with the buttery cookie base. Chill in the fridge for one hour until set.
3. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
4. For the dream cake mixture: put the cream cheese and eggs into a bowl and whisk until blended. Add the condensed milk, vanilla and lemon juice and mix well.
5. Remove the base from the fridge and scatter over the chocolate chips
6. Pour the mixture over the base and top with the marshmallows. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes or until the marshmallows are golden brown and the creamy centre has set.
6. Remove and leave to cool, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or for best results overnight.
Rate This Recipe