- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: medium
- 300 ml champagne, or sparkling wine
- 300 ml dry Martini
- 25 ml vodka, (optional)
- 200 g caster sugar
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 8 sheets leaf gelatine, softened in cold water for 15 minutes
- 250 g raspberries
For the shortbread
- 100 g plain flour
- 50 g caster sugar
- 100 g butter
- 50 g semolina
- 1 lime, finely grated zest
1. For the jellies: chill 4 individual large martini glasses
2. Pour the champagne, martini and vodka (if using) into a medium pan. Add the sugar, lemon zest and juice and heat, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved. Do not allow to boil.
3. Remove the gelatine from the soaking water and add to the hot alcohol mixture. Whisk until the gelatine has dissolved.
4. Pour the jelly mixture into the chilled glasses and chill for at least an hour, or until set.
5. For the shortbread: preheat the oven to 160C/gas 3.
6. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and whiz until the mixture forms a smooth dough.
7. Roll out the dough into a rectangle and place on a baking tray. Prick the top gently with a fork and score the surface into equal portions. Sprinkle with caster sugar.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked and golden. Cool slightly, but cut into wedges while still slightly warm.
9. To serve: Dust the shortbread wedges with a little sifted icing sugar. Serve with the jellies and a cocktail stick loaded with raspberries.
Rate This Recipe