- Serves: makes 16
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g plain flour
- 50 g caster sugar
- 100 g butter
- 50 g semolina
- 3 preserved stem ginger, bulbs, finely chopped
- 5 large dried apricots, chopped
- 1 tbsp demerara sugar, for sprinkling
1. Set the oven to 160C/gas 2.
2. Place the flour, sugar, butter and semolina into a food processor and whizz until the mixture forms a smooth dough. Remove the dough from the processor and knead in the ginger and apricots.
3. Shape into 16 small balls, each the size of a large walnut. Arrange on a baking sheet.
4. Using your fingers flatten the balls to make discs about one centimeter thick. Press the top of the biscuit with a fork. Sprinkle with a little demerara sugar.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes until pale golden. Leave to cool and store in an airtight tin.
Rate This Recipe