- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus overnight marinating
- Effort: easy
- 4 pre-made 2cm deep 3 inch rounds of sponge cakes
- 120 g ricotta cheese
- 30 g caster sugar
- 120 g marzipan
- 20 g chocolate buttons
- 20 g mixed candied peel
- 20 g icing sugar
- 2 glace cherries, cut in half
1. Mix together the ricotta cheese and sugar and leave overnight.
2. Take the ricotta cheese mixture and pass through a sieve. Add the chocolate buttons and candied peel and mix together.
3. Place the marzipan around the inside of a tea cup put the ring of sponge in the bottom of the cup. Spoon the ricotta cheese mixture into the cup.
4. Place your sponge cake on to a plate. Dissolve the icing sugar into the water and drizzle over the top of each desert. Place half cherry on top and serve
Rate This Recipe