- Serves: Makes 20 hearts
- Cook Time: 5 minutes to melt the chocolate
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 500 g marzipan
- 5 g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp dark rum
- icing sugar, for rolling out the marzipan
- 3 tbsp pistachio nuts, finely chopped
1. Slowly melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of hot water, taking care not to let the bowl come into contact with the water. Keep the chocolate warm over a very low heat.
2. Mix the cocoa and rum together. Knead the marzipan into a ball and make a well in the centre. Add the cocoa mixture and carefully but thoroughly work it into the marzipan, until the marzipan is an even brown colour all over.
3. Place the chopped nuts into a dish.
4. Sprinkle a little icing sugar onto a work surface and roll out the marzipan to a thickness of about 1cm. Cut out heart shapes and dip them one-third the way into the melted chocolate and then dip them into the chopped nuts. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Rate This Recipe