- Serves: Makes about 750ml
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes plus cooling and freezing
- Effort: easy
- 250 g sugar
- 175 ml water
- 250 g mascarpone
- 175 ml milk
- 5 tbsp plain yogurt
1. Put the sugar and water in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Use a wet pastry brush to remove any sugar clinging to the sides of a pan.
2. Bring the syrup to the boil, skim off any foam and simmer briskly for 7-10 minutes until the bubbles look syrupy. Do not allow to colour. Immediately remove from the heat and pour into a bowl to cool.
3. When the syrup is completely cold, combine it with the remaining ingredients.
3. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer's instructions -about 20 minutes.
4. Spoon into a freezer-proof container, cover the surface with cling film and freeze until solid.
Rate This Recipe