- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 g Puy lentils, washed in 2-3 changes of water
- 600 ml water
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 pinches salt
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
1. Place the lentils in a large saucepan and add the water. Boil until mushy.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onions until golden. Drain half of them with a slotted spoon and reserve in a separate bowl.
3. Add the ginger and garlic pastes to the pan and stir for a few seconds. Stir in the tomatoes and the chilli powder and cook until soft.
5. Season with salt and stir in the cooked lentils.
6. Serve hot, topped with the reserved fried onions and a sprinkling of coriander leaves.
Rate This Recipe