- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the peas
- 3 tbsp Italian olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 400 g small tinned peas, drained
- 200 g canned chopped tomatoes
For the steak
- 200 g finetoasted breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp Matured Sirloin Steak in a Pepper Crust black peppercorns
- 4 x 200 g sirloin steaks, (matured for 21 days)
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 100 ml Italian olive oil
- black pepper
1. For the peas, heat the olive oil in a saucepan and fry the onions until softened.
2. Stir in the celery and carrots, and let the vegetables soften. Add the peas and the chopped tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook for approximately 5 minutes.
3. In the meantime, mix the breadcrumbs and black pepper together with a couple of pinches of salt.
4. Dip the steaks in the egg white and coat with the breadcrumbs.
5. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and gently fry the steaks for about 2 minutes each side for a rare steak (cook for longer if you prefer a more well-done steak). The coating should become golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
6. To serve, place 3-4 tablespoons of peas in the middle of a plate, cut each steak in half and place on top of the peas.
Rate This Recipe