- Serves: 10
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 7 large matzo sheets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp Matzo meal
- 2 tsp chicken bouillon powder
Tips and Suggestions
serve the matzo balls on top of the Jewish Princess traditional Jewish chicken soup.
1. For the matzo balls, break the matzo sheets into small pieces, put them in a colander, pour over cold water and leave to drain. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the onion until golden-brown.
2. Put the drained matzos, onion, eggs, matzo meal, chicken seasoning and salt and pepper, to taste, in a bowl and mix to a dough. Using your hands, roll teaspoons of the mixture into balls.
3. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Drop the balls into the water and simmer for 20 minutes, then drain. Add the matzo balls to hot chicken soup. The matzo balls can be stored (covered) in the fridge until you are ready to reheat them in the soup.
Rate This Recipe