- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus marinating time for raspberries
- Effort: medium
- 1 punnet of raspberries
- 100 ml whiskey
- 500 ml whipping cream
- 1 vanilla pod, split
- 6 egg yolks
- 135 g caster sugar
- 4 sticks liquorice
- 1 ball of shoe string liquorice, (like the stuff you got as a child)
- spring fruits
- mint leaves
- edible flowers
1. Marinade the raspberries in whiskey for 2 hours, or overnight if possible.
2. Set the oven to 140°C/gas ½. Place the cream in a saucepan over a gentle heat. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla pod and add them to the cream, and heat gently to infuse.
3. Beat together the egg yolks and 85g of the sugar. Whisk in the infused cream and then spoon the mixture into the ramekins.
4. Set the ramekins in a roasting pan and fill with enough water to come three-quarters of the way up the side of the ramekins. Bake for about 30 minutes until just set.
5. Remove and leave to cool.
6. Sprinkle over the remaining caster sugar and grill to caramelise.
7. Before the caramel sets hard, place 1 liquorice stick in the middle of each ramekin (it will stay secure once the caramelised sugar has set).
8. Tie the string liquorice round the top of the liquorice stick and have strands draping down like a maypole. Decorate with spring fruits and mint.
Rate This Recipe