- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 700 g passata
- 1 tsp dark brown sugar, preferably muscovado
- 1 grated lemon zest, and juice
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 red chillies, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary
- 75 g white bread, crusts removed
- 200 g lean minced beef
- 1 egg whites
- 400 g linguine
1. Place the passata, sugar and lemon juice in a pan and heat gently.
2. Meanwhile, place the garlic, chilli, lemon zest and juice, rosemary and parsley in a food processor and whiz until finely chopped. Add the bread and whiz to make crumbs.
3. Finally add the mince, egg white, season with salt and pepper and pulse briefly until well blended - take care not to over blend or the mixture will lose its texture and become pasty.
4. Shape the mixture into 20 small balls and drop into the sauce. Simmer gently for 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water according to the packet instructions. Drain the pasta, toss with the meatball sauce then divide between bowls, sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.
Beef Meatballs Recipe
Rate This Recipe