- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the meatloaf
- 1 kg pork, mince
- 1 kg beef, mince
- 50 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 8 eggs
- 4 tbsp grated parmesan
- 125 ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp mixed spice, paprika, chilli, oregano, fennel seeds
For the salsa
- 125 ml balsamic vinegar
- 375 ml tomato ketchup
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp horseradish sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 unsliced white bread, loaf
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 handfuls salad leaves, dressed with lemon and olive oil
- 1 handfuls parsnips, crisps
1. Preheat the oven to 200?C/gas 6. To make the meatloaf mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl, season to taste and divide between greased loaf tins.
2. Cook in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Turn out and reserve.
3. To make the salsa, pour the balsamic vinegar into a pan and heat until reduced by half.
4. Add the tomato ketchup and brown sugar, bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
5. Finally stir in the horseradish and chilli sauces, cool and set aside.
6. Slice the loaf of bread into 8 doorsteps, drizzle with olive oil and griddle.
7. Slice the meatloaf into 4cm thick slices and reheat on a griddle if necessary.
8. To make the sandwiches: top 4 slices of bread with a slice of meatloaf and a spoonful of salsa, top with the remaining bread. When the sandwiches are assembled remove the crusts with a sharp knife.
9. Slice each sandwich into 2 and serve with extra salsa, salad leaves and lotus crisps on the side.
Rate This Recipe