- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- splash of olive oil
- 4 lamb fillets, each 175g
For the creamy cabbage:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 rashers of rashers of smoked streaky bacon, rind removed and chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 Savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 200 ml whipping cream
- black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a high heat and brown the meat all over. Reduce the heat and continue cooking until the meat is done to your liking. Transfer the cooked meat to a plate, cover it and keep it warm.
2. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the frying pan, and cook the chopped bacon until golden brown.
3. Add the onion, garlic and carrot and continue cooking for a couple of minutes.
4. Put in the cabbage and cook it over a high heat for about a minute. Then add the stock - it will give off a lot of steam. Stir thoroughly to dislodge the sediments from the bottom of the pan.
5. Finally add the cream, reheat briefly, and season to taste.
6. Carve the lamb in thick slices and serve it with the creamy cabbage.
Rate This Recipe