- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 8 pork fillet medallions, each 75g
- 55 g butter
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- 175 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly chopped
- 50 ml dry sherry
- 50 ml dry white wine
- 125 ml double cream
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
1. Heat the butter in a heavy-based frying pan.
2. Add in the pork medallions, fry for 2-3 minutes on each side.
3. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and fry until the pork is cooked through, taking care not to over-cook it.
4. Remove the fillets from the pan and keep warm.
5. Add the mushrooms to the frying pan and fry until slightly coloured.
6. Add in the shallots, mixing well.
7. Drain off the excess fat and add in the sherry. Cook briskly until reduced by two-thirds.
8. Add in the white wine and cook briskly until reduced by half.
9. Add in the cream and bring to the boil. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and mix in the parsley.
10. Pour the mushroom cream sauce over the pork medallions and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe