- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time:
- Effort: medium
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 125 g pancetta lardons
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 100 ml double cream
- butter, for frying
- 225 g loin of pork, chopped into 20mm thick discs
- handful of spinach leaves
For the aubergine caviar:
- 1 aubergine
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 30 ml olive oil
- juice of 1 lemons
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- handful of parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1. Set the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Prick the skin of the aubergine a few times, place in a small roasting pan and roast for about 45 minutes, until the aubergine is blackened and feels soft when touched. When it is cool peel the skin off, then chop finely and combine with the olive oil, lemon juice, onion, parsley and garlic. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the pancetta until crisp, then add the onions, season well and cook slowly until the onions are soft but not coloured.
3. Add the cream and reduce to a sauce consistency.
4. Melt the butter in a frying pan. Season the pork well and fry for 2 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Remove and keep warm.
5. Just before serving, wilt the spinach briefly in the butter that the pork has been cooked in.
6. To serve, place the onion and bacon and a little of the spinach on a plate, top with the pork medallions and spoonful of aubergine caviar.
Rate This Recipe