- Serves: 4 as a starter or 2 as a main course
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes includes preparation of aubergine
- Effort: easy
- 1 aubergine
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 50 g sun-blushed tomatoes
- 2 sprigs basil, leaves removed and shredded
- 100-125 g goats' cheese
- 100 ml yogurt, such as Onken Natural Set Yogurt
- cracked black pepper
- 2 panini rolls
1. Slice bulbous end off both sides of the aubergine and slice remainder into 4. Dice the bulbous ends.
2. Place slices on a plate and sprinkle with salt to soften the aubergine fibre, leave for 15 minutes. Wash salt from aubergine slices and pat dry with kitchen paper.
3. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6.
4. Meanwhile heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan, add spring onions and garlic and diced aubergine ends, fry for 3 4 minutes, add diced tomato and basil leaves and fry a further 2 minutes.
5. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a griddle pan or frying pan and fry the aubergine slices for 3 4 minutes per side.
6. In a small bowl mash the goats cheese then add the yogurt and blend together with a fork, season with the black pepper.
7. Cut the Panini rolls in half, place on a baking sheet and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Place an aubergine slice on each cut half; top with the Mediterranean mixture and finally drizzle over the goats cheese topping.
8. Place in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes until the topping is just browning.
Garnish with basil leaves or salad leaves.
Rate This Recipe