- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 courgette, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1/2 red chillies, seeds removed
- 250 g ready-rolled sheet puff pastry
- 80 g feta cheese, crumbled
- handfuls rocket
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Heat the olive oil and add the onion, garlic, courgette, red pepper, tomatoes, and chilli. Cover and soften the ingredients for 6-8 minutes, without colouring. Leave on one side to cool.
2. Cut a disc out of the puff pastry, using a 15cm diameter plate. Transfer to a baking tray. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
3. Spoon the cooled vegetable mixture onto one half of the pastry disc.
4. Place the cheese and rocket leaves on top of the pie mixture. Brush around the edges with beaten egg and fold the pastry over to make a turnover.
5. Crimp the edges together using the prongs of a fork or your fingers. Brush the top of the 'pie' with beaten egg, making a slit in the top of the pastry so that the steam can escape while it cooks. Bake in the centre of the oven for approximately 20 minutes, until golden. Serve with a leafy salad.
Rate This Recipe