- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time:
- Effort: easy
- 2 red peppers
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 100 g mushrooms, quartered
- 2 courgettes, cut into 1cm cubes
- small sprig of rosemary
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp white wine vinegar
- black pepper
- 4 ripe but firm plum tomatoes
1.Heat the oven to 200°c/gas 6.
2. Drizzle a little olive oil over the peppers and put them into a roasting pan. Cover with a lid or some kitchen foil and bake for 20 minutes.
3. Remove the casserole from the oven and set aside, covered for 10 minutes. Turn the oven down to 180°C/gas 4.
4. When the peppers are cool enough to handle, peel them.
5. Discard the stalks and seeds and cut the flesh into 1cm squares.
6. Heat the remaining olive oil in a flameproof casserole and cook the onion over low heat until soft and translucent, stirring often. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
7. Add the mushroom and courgettes and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Add the red peppers to the casserole and stir well. Add the rosemary, sugar and vinegar and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
9. Cover the casserole and transfer to the oven. Cook for 25 minutes, stirring frequently.
10. Stir the tomatoes into the ragout. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Discard the rosemary and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe