- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the vegetables
- 1 aubergine
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed and cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, seeds removed and cut into strips
- 3 courgettes, cut into rounds
- 1 red onion, cut into half moons
- 6 tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp harissa, or other hot condiment, such as West Indian Hot Sauce
For the dressing
- 150 ml plain yogurt
- 150 ml tahini
- 2 lemons, juice only
- 4 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
1. For the vegetables: preheat oven to 190C/gas 5.
2. Put the aubergine, peppers, courgettes, red onion and tomatoes into a large roasting pan in a single layer.
3. Mix the oil, vinegar, cumin and harissa together. Pour over the vegetables and season well with salt and pepper.
4. Stir the vegetables round to make sure they are all coated. Roast for 40 minutes or or until the vegetables are tender and slightly charred.
5. For the dressing: beat the yogurt into the tahini using a fork and add the lemon juice, water, olive oil and garlic. Taste and season with salt and pepper - it needs quite a lot of salt. You may also want to add a little more water or olive oil to thin the mixture.
6. Once cooked, arrange the vegetables on a large platter. Leave at room temperature if you are serving within a couple of hours, or refrigerate and bring to room temperature before serving. Drizzle with the dressing, scatter with the coriander and serve.
Rate This Recipe