- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 x 200 g aubergines
- 400 g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 200 g courgettes, shaved into thin ribbons with a potato peeler
- 250 g taleggio cheese, sliced
- 100 g rigatello cheese, or pecorino romano, shavings
- 3 tbsp basil
- 5 tbsp pine kernels
- 4 tbsp Italian olive oil
- mixed leaf salad, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Halve the aubergines and place on a baking tray, cut-side upwards. Cook for 15 minutes, until just tender. Remove from the oven and leave on one side to cool.
2. Using a tablespoon, scoop out the inside of the aubergine and make a hollow cavity, making sure that the skin is still intact. Transfer the flesh to a large bowl.
3. Add the cherry tomatoes, shaved courgette strips, both types of cheese, (reserving 4 tablespoons of Taleggio cheese for the topping), basil and the pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper and spoon over 2 tablespoons of the measured olive oil. Stir well to combine.
4. Take the aubergine skins, fill the cavities with the mixture and place on a baking tray. Lay the reserved Tallegio slices on top and drizzle with the remaining oil.
5. Bake for a further 15 minutes, at the same temperature as you first cooked the aubergines, until golden and the cheese has melted
6. Serve with a crisp salad.
Rate This Recipe