- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 aubergines, around 200g each sliced in half lengthways
- 200 g cooked spinach, chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 100 g pecorino cheese, grated
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 dashes of black pepper
- 4 tbsp Italian olive oil
- 2 balls mozzarella, drained and sliced
- 1 ciabatta bread, sliced
- 1 dashes of olive oil, for drizzling
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4.
2. Place the aubergine halves, place them on a baking tray and roast them for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
3. Using a tablespoon, scoop out the inside of each aubergine half creating a hollow cavity but making sure that the skin is still intact.
4. Place the scooped-out aubergine flesh in a large bowl. and place the aubergine insides in a large bowl. Add in the chopped spinach, parsley, Pecorino cheese and chopped tomatoes. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, add in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and mix well.
5. Stuff the aubergines with the spinach mixture and place them on an oiled baking tray.
6. Layer over the mozzarella cheese, drizzle with the remaining olive oil and bake in the oven for around 15 minutes until they are golden and the cheese has melted.
7. Meanwhile, drizzle the ciabatta slices with olive oil and toast on a griddle pan.
8. Serve the baked aubergine halves with the griddled ciabatta.
Rate This Recipe