- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 150 g plain flour
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 50 ml stem ginger syrup
- 1 lime, juice only
- cold water, to loosen
- 1 honeydew melon, peeled and cut into 2cm wide slices
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
1. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, ready for to use for deep frying. Whisk together the flour, sugar and egg in a mixing bowl.
2. Add the ginger syrup and whisk to a thick paste. Add the lime juice and enough water to make a thick batter.
3. Drop the melon slices, a few at a time, into the batter, tossing to coat.
4. Carefully drop the melon into the hot oil. Fry for 1 minute, turning a couple of times with a slotted spoon. Remove with the spoon and transfer to absorbent paper to drain.
5. Repeat with the remaining melon and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe