- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 x 450 g baby gubbeen, (or any washed rind cheese)
- 2 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- crusty bread
- green salad
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas. Cut a piece of aluminium foil about 30cm square.
2. Split the cheese in half horizontally. Put one half in the centre of the foil, generously sprinkle the cut surface with the thyme, garlic and lots of black pepper.
3. Top with the other section of cheese. Gather up the edges of the foil, leaving a small vent for the steam to escape.
4. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until soft and melting.
5. Open the parcel. Lift off the rind, and serve straight away with lots of crusty bread and a green salad.
Rate This Recipe