- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 8 large portobello mushrooms
- 4 tbsp dry vermouth or white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, leaves only
- 125 g gruyère cheese, grated
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
1. Cut the stem out of the mushrooms and score the gills with a knife, taking care not to cut through to the other side.
2. Choose pairs of equal size. Lay one of each pair gill-side up on the worktop. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then pour 1 tablespoon of vermouth or white wine over each.
3. Scatter a little garlic and some thyme over, followed by a quarter of the cheese.
4. Place another mushroom on top. Drive a cocktail stick through from the top to secure together; brush all over with olive oil.
5. Barbecue or grill, turning frequently and carefully for about 4-5 minutes, until very soft, juicy, and melting inside.
Rate This Recipe