- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 25 g butter
- 1/2 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp harissa
- 1 small aubergine
- half a red peppers, cut into strips
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 8 eggs
- black pepper
- a pinch of ground saffron, (soaked in 2 tbsp water)
- 120 g feta cheese, diced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Middle Eastern-style flatbreads, (pitta or pide), to serve
1. Heat the butter in a large, heavy-based, non-stick saucepan. Add the garlic, onion and harissa and fry gently for 5 minutes, stirring often.
2. Increase the heat and add the aubergine, red pepper, green pepper and tomatoes. Cook, stirring often, until the vegetables have softened, around 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, salt and freshly ground pepper and saffron in a bowl.
4. Add the beaten eggs to the vegetables. Cook, stirring often, until the egg is lightly scrambled. Add the feta cheese, 1 tablespoon of chopped coriander and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Transfer the egg mixture to a serving dish, sprinkle with the remaining coriander and serve at once with flat bread.
Rate This Recipe