- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g puff pastry
- 400 g Merguez sausages, skins removed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5 cm chunk of cucumber
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 sprig mint, finely chopped
Tips and Suggestions
Merguez sausages can be found in Moroccan food shops and some butchers
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Roll out the puff pastry 3mm thick into a strip about 10cm wide.
3. Shape the merguez sausage meat into a roll of about 2cm diameter.
4. Moisten the edges of the pastry strip with water and place the sausage meat along the edge of the pastry. Roll over the pastry and seal well.
5. Cut into 4 even-sized sausage rolls and brush with beaten egg.
6. Place the sausage rolls on a greased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Peel the cucumber chunk and halve it lengthways. Scrape out the pips and finely shred the remaining cucumber flesh.
8. In a bowl, mix together the cucumber, yogurt and mint.
9. Serve the sausage rolls warm from the oven with the yogurt dip.
Rate This Recipe