- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes including 20 minutes marinating time
- Effort: easy
- 450 g very fresh white fish, such as sea bass, cod, plaice or dorado
- 4 limes, juiced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- ½ cucumber, finely diced
- a handful fresh coriander, leaves picked off
- 12 corn tortillas
- corn oil or vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 avocados, sliced, to serve
1. Blend the fish in a food processor until it is coarsley minced, add the lime juice and leave to rest for 20 minutes then squeeze the excess lime from the fish and set aside.
2. Add the carrot, tomatoes, onion, and cucumber to the fish and mix well. Season with 1 teaspoon of salt and garnish with some of the coriander leaves.
3. Shallow fry the tortillas until golden and crispy and remove any excess fat on some kitchen paper.
4. To serve, place one tortilla on a plate, add a pile of the ceviche mix on top. Place another tortilla at an angle on top. Decorate with avocado slices and more coriander leaves if you want.
Feeling inspired? Take a look at more of our Mexican recipes.
Rate This Recipe