- Serves: 3
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 60 g dark chocolate, , minimum 70 per cent cocoa solids, broken into pieces
- 250 ml water
- 250 ml milk
- 2 tbsp sugar, or to taste
- ½ vanilla pods, split, seeds scraped out
- 1 heaped tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder, optional
1. Place all of the ingredients into a heavy-based pan and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for a few minutes. Stir until the chocolate is melted. Remove and discard the vanilla pod.
2. Taste, adding more sugar or cinnamon to your liking. Froth up the hot chocolate with a stick blender and our into mugs to serve.
Rate This Recipe