- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg neck lamb fillet
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 150 ml white wine
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- 800g canned black-eyed beans, or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 tbsp mango chutney
- fresh coriander, or mint, to garnish
- 150 ml Greek yogurt, seasoned with salt and freshly ground pepper and mixed with 2 tbsp coriander or mint, chopped, to garnish
- cooked rice, to serve
1. Cut off any excess fat from the lamb and chop into large cubes.
2. Heat a large, heavy-based pan and add the lamb in batches. Once browned remove the lamb with a slotted spoon onto a plate.
3. Turn down the heat then add in the oil, garlic and onion to the pan and allow to soften for 2-3 minutes.
4. Mix in the flour, cumin, coriander and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
5. Next add the wine, canned tomatoes and tomato puree, then return the meat to the pan.
6. Stir well and bring to the boil, season with salt and freshly ground pepper, cover and cook over a low heat for 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours.
7.Ten minutes before the end of the cooking time, mix in the beans and the mango chutney.
8. Garnish with sprigs of coriander or mint. Serve with seasoned Greek yoghurt, mixed with 2 teaspoons chopped coriander or mint and rice.
Rate This Recipe