- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp baharat spice mix, (see Cooks tip)
- 150 g diced leg of lamb
- 4 tbsp pine nuts
- Middle Eastern pickles
- flatbreads and pitta bread
Tips and Suggestions
Baharat spice mix is a blend of spices including cinnamon, black pepper, paprika and nutmeg. It can be found in the spice section of large supermarkets or in Middle Eastern stores.
1. Prepare the Hummous, Beetroot dip, Falafel, Carrot salad and Tahini sauce.
2. Heat the oil in a small pan over a medium heat. Add the spices and fry gently for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
2. Increase the heat to high, stir in the lamb and fry for 3-4 minutes until browned on the outside, but still pink on the inside. Keep warm whilst you assemble the platter.
3. To serve, transfer the hummous into small bowls or spread over a large plate, drizzle with a little olive oil and pile the lamb topping in the middle of the hummous. Transfer all the other dishes into serving bowls and arrange on the table with the hummous. Serve with flatbreads, pitta breads and Middle Eastern pickles.
Rate This Recipe