- Serves: Makes 2 x 340g jars
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 g butter
- 150 g caster sugar
- 2 unwaxed lemons, zest and juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
Tips and Suggestions
Not only is this lovely lemon curd brilliant on bread, it's great to fill cakes and meringues and makes delicious ice cream when simply mixed with natural Greek yoghurt.
1. Place the butter, sugar, lemon zest and juice into a microwave proof bowl and microwave on full power for 1-2 minutes, until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
2. Beat the eggs and egg yolk together until very smooth (you can sieve the mixture to make it ultra smooth). Stir the eggs into the butter mixture. Microwave for 3-4 minutes, stirring every minute, until the curd has thickened.
3. Cool, spoon into clean sterilised jars and refrigerate until ready to use.
Rate This Recipe