- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 stale loaf country bread, finely sliced
- 1 head garlic, separated into cloves
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 long red peppers, sliced into quarters lengthways
- 1 large chorizo sausage, skin removed and chopped into chunks
1. Place the bread in a bowl. Season with salt and sprinkle with enough water to dampen the bread.
2. Make little cuts in each garlic clove.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan.
4. Add the garlic cloves and fry over a low heat until softened and fragrant.
5. Add the red pepper and fry for a further 5 minutes.
6. Remove the red pepper mixture and set aside.
7. Add the chorizo to the frying pan and fry until lightly browned on all sides. Remove and mix with the fried red pepper.
8. Add the bread to the frying pan and sprinkle with a little water.
9. Fry until the bread is golden brown.
10. Mix together the fried bread, chorizo and red pepper and serve.
Rate This Recipe