- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 750 ml medium to full-bodied red wine
- 2 lemons, cut into slices
- 2 oranges, cut into slices
- freshly grated nutmeg
- cloves, to taste
- 25 ml brandy, or Cognac
- 200 g sugar, ptional)
- water, (optional)
- herbal or citrus tea, (optional)
- 4 candy canes
- 4 large cinnamon sticks
1. Pour the red wine into a large saucepan and gradually heat.
2. Add in the lemon and orange slices, nutmeg, cloves and brandy and gently heat through.
3. Mix in the sugar and water, if using, mixing well and heating through until the sugar melts.
4. Ladle the punch into punch mugs and stir in the tea if using.
5. Decorate each serving with a cinnamon stick and candy cane and serve.
Rate This Recipe