- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 550 g salmon, skinned and boned
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split in half
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- a knob unsalted butter
- 1 small soft lettuce, seperated into leaves
- 1 small red onion, seperated into rings
- potato wedges, to serve
1. Using a large, sharp knife, cut away any brown bits from the salmon fillet and discard, then finely chop the salmon. Place in a bowl, stir in the mustard and season to taste. Divide into 4 even-sized portions then, using slightly wet hands, shape into patties. Season the four and use to dust the patties, shaking off any excess.
2. Preheat the grill to medium high to toast the ciabatta. Heat a large non-stick frying pan. Add the oil and butter and, once it starts sizzling, add the salmon burgers. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side over a medium heat until lightly golden but a touch pink in the centre.
3. Toast the ciabatta rolls under the heated grill. Place the bottoms of the rolls on plates. Place the burger on top and smear the tops of the rolls with your favourite sauce. Serve at once with Cajun potato wedges.
Rate This Recipe