- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus cooling and chilling
- Effort: medium
For the tart base:
- 1/2 packet Marie biscuits
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp sugar
For the filling:
- 300 ml milk
- 2 heaped tbsp plain flour
- 1 heaped tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 2 heaped tsp sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 150ºC/gas 2.
2. Crush the Marie biscuits finely. Mix together the crushed biscuits with the melted butter and the sugar.
3. Press into a loose-based flan tin. Bake the biscuit base for 5-10 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
4. Place the milk in a non-stick saucepan. Add the flour, cornflour, butter, vanilla and cinnamon.
5. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
6. Beat the egg yolks well and mix into the milk mixture, mixing thoroughly.
7. In a mixing bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold in the sugar.
8. Fold the egg yolk mixture into the whisked egg whites.
9. Spoon the egg mixture over the baked biscuit base. Allow to cool then chill until set.
Rate This Recipe