- Serves: 4 as a main or 6 as a starter
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the braised fennel
- 3 fennel, each cut into 4 slices lengthways
- 3 tbsp olive oil
For the millefeuille
- 1 fennel, thinly sliced lengthways using a mandoline
- 50 g black olives, stoned and finely chopped
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 blood oranges, (optional), segmented
1. For the braised fennel: preheat the oven to 170C/fan 150C/gas mark 3. Drizzle half the olive oil on a baking tray, lay the fennel over and splash with the remaining oil. Sprinkle with salt, and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until soft and golden.
2. For the millefeuille: place a slice of cooked fennel on a plate, top with a sliver of raw fennel then spread with a thin layer of chopped olives. Top with another slice of cooked fennel and then finish with a raw slice. Drizzle over a little olive oil and place slivers of blood orange around the plate.
Rate This Recipe