- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: hard
- 125 g butter, cut in small pieces
- 115 g caster sugar
- 225 g flour, plus extra for dusting
- 3 tbsp glucose syrup
- large handful of blanched flaked almonds
- 2 punnets of raspberries
- 8 strawberries, to decorate
For the chantilly cream:
- 1 tbsp sugar
- few drops of vanilla extract
- 300 ml double cream
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5.
2. Beat the butter, sugar, flour and glucose syrup together to form a dough.
3. Roll out the dough thinly on a floured surface. Stamp out eight biscuits using a 7cm diameter pastry cutter or a glass.
4. Carefully transfer the biscuits to a non-stick baking tray. Sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
6. Shortly before serving, make the chantilly cream by beating the sugar and vanilla into the double cream.
7. Pipe a 7cm diameter circle of cream onto each serving plate. Arrange a few raspberries on top, lightly pressing them into the cream. Place a biscuit on top, then pipe another layer of cream over the biscuit. Add a final layer of fruit and then another biscuit.
8. Decorate each plate with a couple of strawberries. Serve without too much delay, before the biscuits start to lose their crispness.
Rate This Recipe