- Serves: 10
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes plus 1 hr resting
- Effort: medium
- 400 g butter
- 200 g caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 500 g plain flour
- 1 vanilla pod
- 500 g fromage frais
- 100 g caster sugar
- 500 g mixed summer fruits
- icing sugar, for dusting
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. In a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy, then beat in the egg yolks.
3. Gently mix in the flour, making sure not to over-work the pastry.
4. Bring the pastry together in a ball, wrap in cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for at least one hour.
5. When ready, roll the pastry out to a thickness of 2mm and leave to rest for 5 minutes. Cut into circles with a cutter about 8cm wide. For each portion you will need 3 circles.
6. Lay the circles on a baking tray dusted with flour and bake in the oven for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown. When baked, leave to cool on a wire rack.
7. Split the vanilla pod lengthways, scrape the seeds out into the fromage frais and mix thoroughly, adding sugar to taste.
8. Prepare the fruit by cutting out the stalks, washing the fruit and adding sugar to taste.
9. Place one sable biscuit on each plate and layer with the summer fruits. Lay another biscuit on top, and then some more fruit. Finish with a biscuit dusted with icing sugar and serve with the fromage frais.
Rate This Recipe