- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 150 g ready-to-roll puff pastry
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 5-6 tbsp vanilla custard
- 2g leaf gelatine, about ½ leaf), soaked
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 punnet of raspberries
- 1 punnet of wild strawberries
- icing sugar, to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5.
2. Thinly roll out the pastry and cut into eight 8cm circles. Brush with beaten egg and place on a non-stick baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
3. Meanwhile, gently heat the custard and soaked gelatine in a saucepan over low heat, stirring, until the gelatine has dissolved. Stir in the butter, lime juice and sugar, and leave to cool.
4. To assemble, place a pastry disk in the centre of a plate and arrange a circle of raspberries on top of the disc, placing them around the edge of the pastry. Place a dessert spoon of the custard mixture in the centre. Place another disk of puff pastry on the top and repeat the process with wild strawberries. Repeat this process until you are left with a topping of puff pastry.
5. Lightly sprinkle with icing sugar to decorate. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe