- Serves: Makes 1 loaf
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 2 hrs resting and rising time
- Effort: easy
- 300 g flour
- 200 g millet flour
- 25 g yeast
- 40 g butter
- 10 g salt
- 300 ml water
- 90 g walnuts
- 100 g sultanas
1. Mix together the flours in a bowl, and add the yeast, butter, salt and water. Work the mixture until it forms a smooth dough.
2. Tip onto a floured surface and knead for 6 minutes. Return the dough to the mixing bowl and leave to rest for 1 hour, until doubled in size.
3. Set the oven to 220C/gas 8. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
4. Knead the walnuts and sultanas into the dough and shape into a ball. Place on the baking sheet, and leave to rise for another hour.
5. Cut a cross in the top of the bread and bake for 30 minutes - the bread should sound hollow when tapped. Turn out to cool on a wire rack.
Rate This Recipe