- Serves: makes 30-40 cookies
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 140 g golden caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 clementine, zested
- 411 g jar quality minced meat
- 300 g plain flour
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas 4.
2. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy. Add the egg yolk, clementine zest and beat again to combine. Sift in the flour and stir until the mixture starts to come together, then add most of the mince meat and fold through use your hands to push the mixture into a dough, if needed.
3. Line a couple of baking trays with greaseproof paper. Pull off little biscuit-sized clumps of dough, evenly dot them out on the trays and gently press down slightly to shape. Add a small blob of mince meat to the top of each cookie, then bang them straight in the oven for around 10 minutes, or until golden but still a bit doughy in the middle.
©(2011) Jamie Oliver Enterprises. Photographer: David Loftus
Rate This Recipe